Whether you are camping, hiking, in a hurricane, an earthquake or a zombie apocalypse, a survival axe can play a big part in helping you during an emergency situation. There are various types of survival axes with a multitude of uses and tools. Here we go over our favorites and what you are able to do with them.
Tomahawk Style Survival Axe
SOG Outdoor Survival Hatchet and Tactical Tomahawk
- 19.5 OZ. + 12.1” Length + 3” Blade: Light yet heavy-duty, the Survival Hawk surprises with portable versatility
- In-Handle Ferrocerium Firestarter: Fire is life, and the Survival Hawk puts it at your fingertips
- Hardcased Black Stainless Steel: Built to survive as well as for survival, this Hawk resists corrosion and wear
- Full Tang + Grippy Paracord Handle: Glass-reinforced nylon encases a full tang, wrapped in paracord for added grip
- SOG Commitment: Take care of your knives and we’ll take care of you; SOG tools are built to last, and we’re committed to making sure they do
M48 Tactical Tomahawk Axe with Snap On Sheath
- The ultimate tactical tool to take out with you
- 3 7/8″ precision cast stainless steel blade
- 8″ axe head attached to handle with three bolts
- Nylon reinforced fiberglass handle
- Includes durable nylon sheath
Hatchet Style Survival Axe
Schrade SCAXE5 12.8in Full Tang Tactical Hatchet
- 12.8 inch (32.5 cm) overall length with a blade length of 3.1 inches (7.9 cm) and a weight of 1 lb 9 ounces
- Blade is made of reliable SK-5 High Carbon Steel with a black, nylon fiber handle
- Quick and easy access with the convenient black nylon belt sheath with belt loop
- Have confidence that the blade will not slip with the security of the hand and finger shaped grip
- Axe features a spike pommel as well as a nail pull/pry bar
MTech USA MT-AXE14 Camping Axe
- Easily portable tactical axe great for camping and rugged outdoor expeditions
- 6.5-inch axe head with a 3.5mm to 4mm thick cutting edge; stainless steel
- Cord-wrapped handle provides superior grip, plus handy cording when needed in a pinch
- Includes lanyard cord
- 17.5-inch overall length
HUNT-DOWN 13″ Hunting Survival Axe
- Overall Length: 13″
- Blade Length: 8″
- Crafted Using Steel
- Axe With Sheath
- Gray Color Blade
Staff Style Survival Axes
Zubin Complete Survival Axe Kit
- Zubin Axe with rubber protection, compass, fishing spear, hunting spear, saw blade, slingshot, full and short handle, and T-handle Allen tool.
- Two-piece hickory wood construction with ergonomic rubber grip.
- Five interchangeable 440C stainless construction tools.
- Black nylon pouch.
- 54″ overall length
M48 Kommando Survival Axe Tactical Hiking Staff
- 37″ overall length
- Cast stainless steel razor-sharp blade
- 30% fiberglass handle
- Axe head attaches with 3 separate metal bolts
- Includes snap-on rubberized blade cover
Shovel Style Survival Axes
FiveJoy Military Folding Shovel Multitool
- Hi-carbon steel
- Conveniently dig trenches with this versatile multifunctional tool with a hidden rescue knife and saw, emergency whistle, fire starter (magnesium rod), bottle opener, and more!
- Lightweight (only 1.2lbs), and amazingly compact, this is an essential gadget to add to your outdoor first aid survival kit/ gear. Easily fit this foldable entrenching tool in your backpack or the trunk of your vehicle. Dig your car tires out of snow, mud, or ice, or use the shovel head as a glass breaker in an emergency.
- Forged from heat-treated High-Quality SOLID Carbon Steel (Blade and Knife) and Aerospace Grade Aluminum (Knife), for maximum strength and lifetime durability. Rust, water, and fracture resistant.
- Spade can be used 40°, 90° or 180° angle as hook, hoe or shovel.
- Thoughtfully engineered handle optimizes comfort and control for all glove types to minimize hand fatigue. Slip-proof foam cushion on the aluminum handle is water-resistant, quick to dry, and perfect for recreational gardening or on your backcountry hike or cross country trips.
IUNIO Military Portable Folding Shovel and Pickax
- Portable Folding Shovel (31 inch Length) – It is designed and produced according to self-driving experiences of many experienced outdoor sports lovers and any kind of outdoor enthusiasts: Off-roading, 4-Wheeling, SUVing, Backpacking, Expeditionists, Tent Camping, Pop-up Camping, RV Camping, Cadets, Scouts, Hikers, Hunters, Fisherman, Gardeners, Gold Digger, Motorcyclists. This folding shovel is assembled practicability, functionality and security in it.
- Extension Bars – Features a regular shovel doesn’t even have, all in this convenient folding shovel: Shovel Board, Saw, Bottle Opener, Nail Extractor, Hoe, Fish Scaler Tool, Emergency Whistle, Fire Bar, Hammer. Extension Bar included: Except being an ordinary folding shovel, you can extend this shovel to a comfortable size for standing up digging. You can choose the length of shovel by adding less or more extensions according to your height.
- Multifunctional – Ideal for camping, hiking, snow, self-defense, backpacking, fishing, hunting, gardening outdoor activities. Also great for anyone to use, gardeners, survivalists, hunters, hikers, campers. This Folding Shovel is also an ideal entrenchment tool for Field Survivalists, Disaster Recovery Staff, Truck driver.
- Sturdy & Durable – The shovel blade and handle are made of high-carbon steel which is high-strength and wear-resistant. The grip on the handle is made of rubber. This shovel has passed the durability tests and our destruction tests.
- Portable & Compact – This shovel folds up and fits in a high quality tactical waist pack with a belt loop to carry at your side. It’s easy for you to hang it on your belt to carry after shovel folds up to small part. Backed with a Lifetime Warranty!
Apocalypse Style Survival Axes
Off Grid Tools Trucker’s Friend Demolition & Multitool
- Multilayer containing an axe, hammer, pry bar, nail puller, and nail Claw
- Lightweight, strong fiberglass handle
- Shock absorbing rubber grip
- Made in the USA
- 1055 carbon steel
Off Grid Tools OGT-SA100 Survival Axe Elite Multitool
- Heat treated, re-sharpenable Hatchet blade
- Hammer head and claw
- Hex sockets 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 1/2, 3/8, 10mm, 11mm, 13mm, 15mm
- Replaceable, 6″ saw blade
- Hardened steel glass breaker and seat belt cutter
And there you have it! Pick one up for yourself or a friend or family member and make sure everyone is ready for any emergency or adventure. It is good to have a survival axe at home in an emergency bag, one in your car when you are mobile and always have one when out in nature camping or hiking.
World Traveling Blogger, Social Media Expert and Nerd who has a passion for Adventure and Fitness.